About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tagsadvertising animals anthropomorphism Association for the Study of Literature and Environment behavior Bhopal biodiversity business campaign cars CFP climate crisis climate negotiations consumerism contest copenhagen culture jamming dance decision-making denialism direct action dolphins education energy environmentalism fashion film food forests green marketing greenwashing history humanities humor hunting identity journal journalism language logging magazines marine theme parks meanings music natives nature news parks photography police policy pollution pranking praxis protest race radio science social justice social science sufficiency sustainability technology telecommunication television theory toxins TV values video visual waste water whales youth
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.
Tag Archives: green marketing
New phone from Samsung and Sprint claims to love the earth. Continue reading
The car company’s conflicted use of non-human animals in its ads suggests it might need psychiatric treatment. Continue reading