About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tags
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
- climate crisis
- climate negotiations
- culture jamming
- direct action
- green marketing
- marine theme parks
- social justice
- social science
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.
Category Archives: Rhetoric
Latin America faces severe threats from climate change impacts. However, these countries have faced difficulties in making their voices heard in the recent climate negotiations. Is this a communication problem? What can we expect in the upcoming Copenhagen meeting? Continue reading
The prominent US environmental scientist implies the need to address culture and consciousness in environmental affairs. Continue reading
An unusual marketing gimmick promotes growing carrots instead of restaurant dining. Continue reading