About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tags
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
- climate crisis
- climate negotiations
- culture jamming
- direct action
- green marketing
- marine theme parks
- social justice
- social science
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.
Category Archives: Environmental Communication
Details of the imminent conference now online. Continue reading
International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
The International Environmental Communication Association (IECA-provisional name) has launched as a new organization. Go to our web site at http://environmentalcomm.org for updates about what is going on with this exciting new effort. Elections for 8 Board of Director positions will … Continue reading
A chance to comment on the structure of the new organization. Continue reading
Colleagues: At next week’s National Communication Association convention in San Francisco CA, we are holding a forum to discuss the launch of a new international professional association dedicated to environmental communication (https://indications.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/proposed-international-environmental-communication-association-strategic-planning-document/ ). We’ve established a timeline for implementation by mid-year … Continue reading
For all my skepticism toward most “climate skepticism,” I find the case of Judith Curry very interesting. This recent post at her blog Climate Etc. repeatedly resorts to metaphors like “‘Alice down the rabbit hole’ moments” and “bucket[s] of cold … Continue reading