About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tags
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
- climate crisis
- climate negotiations
- culture jamming
- direct action
- green marketing
- marine theme parks
- social justice
- social science
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.
Monthly Archives: August 2010
CFP: Communication and Sustainability: Exploring Intersections of Science, Policy, Action, and Culture
Call for Manuscripts for a Special Issue of Environmental Communication: A Journal of Nature and Culture Continue reading
Upcoming environmental communication conference featuring academic and professional speakers. Continue reading
Related organization for UK climate change communication research and teaching. Continue reading
Call for Competitive Papers, Paper Panels, and Alternative Sessions focusing on theory, research, and the practical knowledge of environmental issues and their communicative dimensions.
Developing a New Professional Association for Environmental Communication: Status Report August 2010
For a number of years, I have been interested in working with others to form a new international professional association for environmental communication. This post (pardon the length) offers a progress report on activities undertaken toward this goal over the past several months. Sections … Continue reading