About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tags
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
- climate crisis
- climate negotiations
- culture jamming
- direct action
- green marketing
- marine theme parks
- social justice
- social science
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.
Monthly Archives: October 2009
Also published at Immanence. Having just written a piece for Environmental Communication about the promises and pitfalls of cognitive science-based approaches to communicating about issues like climate change, I can’t help commenting on this video and blog post that arrived … Continue reading
A key conference for environmental communicators and scholars is coming up in December in Penang, Malaysia. Continue reading
Chris Jordan and other artists are documenting the suffering we cause to baby albatrosses with our plastic garbage. Continue reading
This is an invitation to interested individuals and organizations to join an ad hoc task force that will develop a proposal to form a new international professional association in Environmental Communication. We are asking for volunteers to serve on this … Continue reading