About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tags
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
- climate crisis
- climate negotiations
- culture jamming
- direct action
- green marketing
- marine theme parks
- social justice
- social science
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.
Monthly Archives: June 2009
There are many great songs out there about Nature and environmental issues. Continue reading
Michael Jackson’s 1995 Earth Song was a smash hit in the UK, but what does it have to say about addressing environmental issues? Continue reading
Values and identity are at the forefront of some cutting edge research on environmental advocacy being sponsored by big Panda. Continue reading
A thoughtful panel discussion is shaping up about the future of the Conference on Communication and Environment. Continue reading