The final program (PDF) for the 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment in El Paso is now available. Looking good! See you in El Paso.
About Environmental Communication
How well we communicate with each other about Nature and environmental affairs will determine how well we address the ecological crisis.
Ecological sustainability requires a shift in views and values towards the natural world, and environmental communication influences how individuals, groups and cultures see, value, and ultimately act in the world.
Environmental communication is also how we advocate for change, raise awareness, collaborate to address environmental issues, change behavior, and pass legislation. Political, economic, and technological initiatives need effective communication to succeed.
Most recent posts
- Indications Hiatus
- The final 2011 Conference on Communication and Environment program is now available
- International Environmental Communication (IECA) Elections: List of Candidates for Board of Directors positions
- Interim Bylaws for the new “International Environmental Communication Association”
- New professional association launch team needs volunteers
- the “house of cards” house of cards
- Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document
- The 10:10 Fiasco-A Case Study in the Case for a New Association
- Interest in Environmental Communication Poll Results
- Systems Supernova: an e-waste-avoiding dress with a message
Most Popular Tagsadvertising animals biodiversity business campaign cars CFP climate crisis consumerism copenhagen direct action education energy environmentalism film food forests green marketing greenwashing history humanities humor hunting identity language meanings music nature photography policy pollution praxis science sustainability technology telecommunication television theory toxins values video visual waste water whales
Indications blog posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please contact us for additional permissions.